05 September, 2007

I feel like I'm in a movie. Are we in a movie?

Tracking down stolen laptops for Harambee. Talking to fences and guys on parole. The police hit things hard and fast. I'm running out for coolant in the midst of strategy for upcoming grant proposals.

The main thing I'm getting from all of this is the orientation required to run an urban ministry. This isn't on simply a day-to-day level, but there are national connections and Board-member considerations..."Where's our weekly report?" Dealing with the theft of our kids' laptops, making sure the playground passes inspection and then being caught up in the lives of so many other people who depend on you for support. This is detective work, mentoring and steering young adults, counseling, finding money and being responsible...oh so responsible. This whole thing is delicate; it is intricately painted from all directions in subtly frustrating shades of grey. I'm having the time of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris. I loved your post on my blog, and I responded. Let's keep the dialog rolling!